It often seems like I have the best of times when nothing turns out as planned and everything seems to be going wrong. Two nights ago, I spent a lot time getting ready and excited to go clubbing with girlfriends I hadn't seen in forever. I was stoked because I hadn't gone out in so long and I was really looking forward to a good night with the girls. A friend of ours dropped us off at the bar at around 11:30. The lineup was humongous, but we figured we wouldn't be out there much longer than forty minutes. We were very wrong. An hour an a half later, we were still outside in line, wearing nothing but mini-dresses. I was truly colder than I had ever been. It was now nearly 1. One hour left 'til last call, and the club was at full-capacity. The lineup hadn't budged in almost fifteen minutes. Finally deciding to call it quits, we chose to go defrost and drown our sorrows at the nearest establishment. We didn't care where we were going, as long as it was inside. Don't think it's possible to sprint in a dress and heels? Think again.

When we got to Peddler's, a small irish pub, we were happy to feel our extremities once again, but we were miserable. What a waste of a night, we all thought. There was a little over fifty minutes left 'til closing, our pre-drink buzz was long gone, we were still shivering, and we weren't at the club! The first thing I did when I got inside was make up for lost time. I ordered a shot of tequila, a whiskey sour, and a Coors Light. 5 minutes later, I started complaining. And complaining. I had the right to do so though, didn't I? I mean, considering everything we had gone through throughout the night? It wasn't until the last half hour that I realized I had been choosing to be miserable and angry, and in doing so hadn't paid notice to the great live band covering everything from Journey, to Big & Rich, to Britney Spears. Instead of staying in my seat and sulking even more, I joined my friends, who were pretty well the only people in the entire pub dancing. I chose then not to let even some of the shittiest two hours ever ruin my last half hour at the bar. And so we warmed up, pubclubbed, had a great time, and did what everyone knows  you should do when things go wrong but hardly anyone ever does:
we quit our useless bitching, and imposed a great time upon ourselves. As those tired, over-used, yet horribly under-applied sayings go, we found the silver lining and made the best of our situation.