Time to admit stuff I've never really wanted to admit. I hear it can be quite liberating.


  • I actually love the saying Live Love Laugh. Its overuse does not disconfirm its powerful meaning. Really, truly, wholeheartedly living, loving, and laughing, are three things people should be doing way more often.

  • Sometimes, when I hear someone singing, I start to cry, because I can't sing and I would give up all of my talents for a decent voice.

  • I've never actually watched the entire Rocky Horror Picture Show from beginning to end. I don't really have the time to, but I feel like it's the sort of movie I should have watched. So I constantly quote the first 30 minutes of the movie because it's all I've ever seen.

  • I get a little rush of elitism when I understand a passage from a book or a poem that no one else gets.

  • When I say it doesn't bother me that I don't have anything in common with normal girls because I would rather hang out with guys all the time, I'm lying. I love my guy friends to death. But I honestly want nothing more than to fit in with girls.

  • I can't tell the difference between good wine and box wine.

  • I am a recovering strategic manipulator. 

  • My favourite Led Zeppelin song is Stairway. But when people ask me, I tell them it's either Ramble On, Going to California, or Black Dog, because saying Stairway makes me seem like it's the only song I know. It's just so iconic. I do that with a number of other bands but I really need to stop.

  • I've been such a fake in the past that I now struggle to genuinely be myself. Part of my struggle is admitting things that go counter to the person I've been trying to present myself as for, like, ever.

  • I actually think I'm good-looking. And I don't think there should be any shame in saying that. I don't think I'm Aphrodite or anything. I'm just content with my looks and I think it's a bad habit to deny it. Also, girls who know they're pretty and constantly complain about how ugly they are diminish the credibility of those who truly can't stand to look at themselves. As a result, everyone just ends up looking like attention-craving narcissists fishing for compliments. Not cool. 


There. That felt great. I strongly encourage everyone to come up with a list of things they've been denying about themselves and just admit to all of it. If you can't outwardly tell the world, admit it to yourself. Lying to yourself is bad for your mental health.